Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thing 10: Play - Online Image Generators

I've used a few online generators. Back in Christmas I added faces of a few friends to some elves and then they did a little sing and dance so I guess that was more of an online generator of animation, but I have tried a few others.

I decided to be a little lazy and use the discovery links provided by the 23 Things blog.

Letter James - I'd never been to this site, but I liked the ease of use. It has a limited set of photos, at least for the quick trial that I gave it. As you can see from the photo provided I decided to go with the SAPL Library Card Campaign slogan.

one in a million

FD Toys - I've used this site before, but used it once more. 

I've seen other SAPL 23 Thingers post mosaics from this site so I decided to try it out. The hardest part was limiting myself to a small number of photos to use. I made use of the mySAPL's SDD set. (FD Toys Mosaic Maker)
mosaic1536249
I also tried out Hockneyizer from FD Toys
hockney6709752

Image Mosaic Maker (linked from The Generator Blog) - I'd never used this one before but it reminded me of Chris Jordan's Running the Numbers that was on exhibit at the Central Library in July.  
Central Library mosaic
View the original.

I've never used it myself (but I've been tempted) but feel free to give it a try: Parody Motivator Generator. You can also make your own mini READ poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment